Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Gary[_4_] Gary[_4_] is offline

Default Removing Header and Footer Sections

To clarify, when I click on the top and bottom of each page, a light blue
tab will appear and "Header -Section 1-", "Footer -Section 1-" will be
written in these light blue tabs. Can I just get rid of these header and
footer areas completely as opposed to just not having any text or objects in
them (having the sections blank). Or are Word 2007 documents automatically
formatted to include header and footer sections and the best I can do is
reduce the size of these sections?

It seems to me there would be alot of instances where a person would create
a Word document that did not require headers or footers. So why can't these
sections just be removed from the document, if not required?