Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

Default Making a Template for Writing Checks

Oh Jeezus Graham. It's true. You yanks really don't get irony or humour. I
WAS NOT ATTACKING SUZANNE for god's sake. I respect her knowledge too much
for that. (I got HER joke, BTW). I was offering mcp6453 a suggestion as to
how I might go about it myself and making a jocular point about time wasting
on a computer and how Suzanne rarely misses a great answer to solve a
problem if it can be done and .....oh forget it ..... An explanation would
obviously be wasted on you. You would imagine insult where none was
intended - so I'll just insult you directly.

How much effort does it need to pick up the pen that will be used to sign
the cheque and add the payee's name and amount?

Rather presumptuous of you. How do YOU know how many repetitive checks the
poor guy has to write. Maybe mcp6453 has good reason for wanting them laser
printed instead of ink written. Just address his issue, creatively, why
don't you, instead of thinking for him or putting down his idea. Let him
decide how he wants to use his life on the computer. There's a lot more anal
people on this NG than mcp6453. If you really want to defend commonsense,
why not just wait and let Jezabel have a go at him! ( Joke Graham.
Joke Jezabel, in case you're watching )

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Suzanne's point was not that it couldn't be done, but rather what was the
point. Computers are supposed to make your life easier not more
complicated. How much effort does it need to pick up the pen that will be
used to sign the cheque and add the payee's name and amount?

Swami wrote:
What about setting up page size to suit the check (or cheque as we
say here in Australia!), scan it and insert it as a background image,
then insert your type-in-data-fields over that image in the correct
positioning, then remove the background (or hide it) just prior to
printing?? But save it as a locked template with image showing, and
save each filled cheque as a separate file for archive.

Ahem, is this too simple, or did I miss something here? I am not sure
in this newsgroup if/when to speak up with my simplistic ideas. Seeing
something that stumps "The Great Susanne. S. Barnhill" makes me
wonder if it is therefore not possible at all

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, is it possible to make a template that has a
non-printable image of a check such that when I am typing in the
document, it looks like I'm filling out a check, but when I print,
only the newly entered information prints?