Beth

Thanks, Cindy. Turns out that the document was originally created in Word
Perfect (MSWord mode) and saved as a Word document.
--Beth

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmV0aA==?=,

I have a document that I formatted using numbered bullets. Someone made
changes to the document and didn't correctly format the new bullets. So, I
selected all the bulleted items and changed the formatting to "none". Now I
can't put the numbered bullets back in! The bullets and numbering icons and
the format - bullets and numbering menu item are grayed out.

First, check whether document protection has been activated? (Tools menu)

Also, please tell us the version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)