Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] juser_bogus@yahoo.com is offline

Default mail merge, suppress auto next record

I did try that.... I started a "directory" and then set up a table,
each cell was a label. even with the directory it seems to always do
a next record after the page break.

dmaz

On Apr 25, 9:01 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
You may be able to do it if you use a catalog (or in Word XP and later, it
is called directory) type mail merge main document. You would however only
put one row of labels in that document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dmaz" wrote in message

I've created a mail merge that outputs a number of labels for each record
from an excel spreadsheet. the number is taken from a field in the
spreadsheet and is different for each record. to do this I use "IF"s and
then do the "NEXT" record myself. it works great except of course that
Word
automatically inserts a next record at the start of each page. I can't
have
that because at the page break I might be right in the middle of printing
out
8 labels of the same record and then Word forces a new record!

any ideas?

thanks.