Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default shortcuts

You can create a macro, in Normal.dot or a global add-in template,
like this:

Public Sub MyDocuments()
Shell "explorer.exe /e," & Chr(34) & _
"C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents" & Chr(34)
End Sub

Replace the your name with your login name to make the valid path to
the folder. Then assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToHotkey.htm).

When I tested this, the Explorer window opened behind Word and I had
to Alt+Tab to it. I don't have a way to fix that -- it might require
some finagling with Windows API calls.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:54:00 -0800, MoJR
wrote:

Hello,
I would like to assign a keyboard shortcut to open a folder from My Documents.
Is this possible? If so, how can I accomplish it?
Thank you,
MoJR