Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default ASK not actioned when recipient list changes

I am using Word 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1.
I have { ASK foo "bar" \o ) and { REF foo \* MERGEFORMAT } fields. *
Without "\o", I am prompted for each merged recipient when I do Edit
individual letters...\Merge to New Document\OK
When I add \o I am not prompted - EVER!
I want to be prompted once for a set of recipients.
I want to be prompted again when the set of recipients changes to a new
set.

* Word added "\* MERGEFORMAT" to my REF field. I assume it is a good
thing. Removing it does nothing to alter perceived behavior.
--
Walter Briscoe