Jay Freedman

gotomaine wrote:
How do I handle memo templates so that the date is not automatically
changed to the current date when I re-open the memo?

In the template, right-click the date (which is a field) and select Toggle
Field Codes. You'll see either DATE or TIME plus some formatting codes
inside a pair of curly braces, like

{DATE \@"MMMM dd, yyyy" \*MERGEFORMAT}

Change the DATE or TIME keyword to CREATEDATE. Right-click again and select
Update Field. You'll see the date the template was created.

When you use File New to create a document based on the template, the same
fields will show the date the document (not the template) is created.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman