Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan

Default My boss hasn't used Styles, what is the solution?

My impression
I read the tutorial written by Charles Kyle Kenyon in http://addbalance.com/
about the importance of style. I was aware of that and have used styles to
some extent but after reading that I have decided not to make a file
(especially a long one) without using styles.

My problem
My boss has given a 500 page word file in 12 files standing for 12 chapters
of a report. He has asked me to amend different spacing and fonts in
different parts of the report and make it unique to look same. I thought
using the style could be the best solution. Original files dont have styles.
When I open the style box many ugly hand-formatted styles with no name
occurs. I thought it would be possible to select paragraphs and change their
styles from style window but it didnt work as I think the main style are
same but different paragraphs has minor changes. So what is your suggestion
for me? Shall I define a new style and go through all paragraphs and change
them? Is there any VBA solution to it automatically?
Also one more question: I want to know about the general fee of those who do
this job as paid consultancy. TIA

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer