MarlaPSU

Hey Cindy,
inserting the file brings the text into the new documents but it doesn't
eliminate redundancies--Say the data changes-you still have to edit every
place you inserted the document. Do you have something that will fix this
problem as well??

Thanks for the help thus far,
marla

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TWFybGFQU1U=?=,

Take a look at the IncludeText field (Insert/File with a LINK).

My name is Marla and I am a senior in college. I am enrolled in the
Information Science and Technology Program and for our final class we have
been "hired" by a company to come up with a system for organizing their
complex word documents. (There are about 50 documents with about 50 pages).

These documents have components that are global to all, global to some, and
also
some that are completely local. The main problem is that in order to change
one section of data, they must change it in (worst case) 50 documents.

We are to propose a solution to them that allows information to be stored in
one
word document with the ability to be pulled from as many as needed.
(Eliminate
redundancies)

The problem we face is that our client wants to be able to print the linked
documents as if they are one document. We have it to the point where we can
get the first page of the linked document to print.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)