CyberTaz

The one thing I can tell you is that the 'Mr.' is probably not showing up
because you don't have a Title field. The wizard is a little misleading, but
it can't know how to distinguish a Mr. form a Ms from a Dr. Even if that is
what you are storing in the Salutation field, that field name is not
recognized by Word for that purpose.

Have you tried 're-mapping' the fields? I can't remember the specifics, gut
it is available through the same dialog box where you choose the Mr. stuff.
Sorry I can't be more accurate, but XP & '03 do things much differently than
prior versions & I haven't used the new stuff enough to have it committed to
memory... Also I'm at home on my Mac & only have Word 2000 running in VPC,
so I can't even look it up.

Regards |:)

On 9/22/05 10:31 AM, in article
, "Kath"
wrote:

Hi,

I am using Word 2002 with the XP operating system at one computer lab and
Word 2003 with the XP operating system at another lab. When I try to do a
mail merge to create letters, using a list of recipients on an Excel
spreadsheet, I am not getting the results I expected as follows:

1. For the Address Block, I asked the Mail-Merge Wizard to set up my letters
with this formatting: Mr. Joe Becker. However, in the letter, it appeared
without the salutation with this formatting: Joe Becker. (The address, town,
state and zip appeared correctly.)

2. For the Greeting Line, I asked the Mail-Merge Wizard to set up my letters
with this formatting: Dear Mr. Becker. However, in the letter, it appeared
with this formatting: Dear Joe Becker.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and how I could fix it?

I look forward to your response. Thanks!