Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Mail Merge & Find/Replace

Eactly which macro on Graham's site are you using?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"what4893" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for your detailed response. I went ahead and placed the code you
recommended into the MailMerge macro written by GMayor. The mail merge
still works perfectly but it doesn't actually perform the find and
replace. Any ideas? The reason I'm going forward with this approach is
because ultimately I need the letters in separate files. The page
numbers were just a bonus in splitting the files and I thank you for
letting me know about the section page numbers. I didn't know that and
that may come in handy in the future.

No errors occur during the merge, the files are created and when I go
into the files they all still have my CR's in them. I didn't think it
crucial before, and I appologize if this makes a difference, the CR
tags all appear in a table. That is why I'm trying to get them to
become line breaks, so that the columns each have one line in them. For
a little visual of my situation see below:

|ABCCRABC |123CR123CR123|
|CRABCCR |CR123CR123 |

The mail merge puts that data into the table cells and then I'm
replacing the CR tags with ^l (new lines). Thanks again for your help
on this project.