Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Contacts/Category Mail Merge

You are not following the instructions. If you have filtered the list in
Outlook then that filtered list is transferred to Word (assuming you ticked
the right boxes in the Outlook dialog). If you go that far then instead of
accepting the data already attached to your merge document, you are adding a
new data file again from Word. This is indicated on the web page.

You must accept the data file already attached if you want the filtered
records and the additional field names.
The field names you get when merging from Outlook into Word are not the same
as those you get when merging from Word with Outlook.

Take another look at my web page illustrations
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

KathrynBassett wrote:
Graham, your website was of partial use, but not completely. There
seems to have been a change in the last few couple weeks as I could do
what I wanted before (using the helper), and now can't.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f6d3ef075ff4e5
will show the step by step process I've done so far. Russ, dismissing
the Helper then using the Mail Merge Toolbar as shown on Graham's site
still doesn't give me what I need. For one thing, It merges all the
records instead of just the ones I have filtered in Outlook. For
another thing, I do not find a way to access the «Full_Name» and
«Mailing_Address», being instead forced to use name components and
saying which kind of address.

Now what? I need some more steps added (and this is Office 2003).