Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Counting rows based on a criteria

Hi Peter,

You'd be better off doing this on Excel - or at least an Excel worksheet
embedded in your Word document. That way, you'd have access to Excel's
COUNTIF function, which is designed to do this sort of thing. Word's field
functions don't include anything like COUNTIF. Alternatively, you could use
a macro.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Peter" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a table where I record faults and errors related to the

construction
of a house. Each record is given a priority from 1 to 3. Now, is it

possible
to construct another table, and then count the number of priority 1's, 2's
and 3's in the other table (I know about Count() and how to reference a
column in another table, but I can't get it to count records based on a
criteria).

Hopefully someone knows the answer to this one