Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Lock formatting for rows in a table?

From what you say I don't think these guys are up to it but see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Smiley Guy wrote:
Is thiere still a better way I could set up the document (although
this looks pretty good)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If your staff are so hopeless that they can't cope with three mouse
clicks to paste the text, then give them a macro attached to a
toolbar button to do it with one.

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText, Placement:= _
wdInLine
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

Smiley Guy wrote:
We have "Daily Notices" documents at my school. They are read out
every morning. The document is shared in that every staff member can
add a message into each row of a table (1 column table). Each row
corresponds to a school year, so we have one row for Year 7, one row
for Year 8 etc. We have one document for each day.

The problem is when a user copies & pastes a message from say
Monday's doc into other days, the border formatting is also copied
into the destination row so the borders get mucked up as the old
formatting is copied over. What appears to happen is that one row
seems to be split by a paragraph with its own border (copied from
another doc).

Is there any way to prevent the formatting being carried over int he
document. I know users can choose EditPaste SpecialUnformatted
text but I really want to make it easier for them. Should I be using
another feature besides tables & rows?