Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Easy way to put separate borders for each column?

Instead of using columns, use Word's "2 pages per sheet" option in the Page
Setup dialog (*not* the one in the Print dialog). This allows you to have
two logical pages on a single physical page, and you can treat those pages
just like real pages, with page numbers, page borders, etc. For a booklet,
however, you might be better off using the "Book fold" setting; or see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm

"cmb" wrote in message
I have a 60 page memory book document for graduates. Each page has a

photo
or two and text that includes indents and numerous paragraphs. I set the
page up so that I have two identical 8.5x11 pages side by side by making 2
columns on a 17x11" custom page size. The idea is that the printer will
print the document on 17x11 paper, cut it down the middle and we will have

2
books, saving $. The question that I have is, is there a way to easily

put
the same border around all of the 8.5x11 pages - this means that I want a
border separately around the left column and ride column on each page. I

am
using Word 2002 but could get access to 2003 if it made a difference.

Since
the document is so long, I would prefer not to set up each section in a

table
if at all possible.