Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dallas_viewer dallas_viewer is offline

Default Document crashes when using auto TOC in Word 2007

Twice now I have noticed that when selecting one of the pre-formatted TOCs
that come with Word 2007, Word tells me there was an error ( I don't recall
seeing an error #) and it will have to close. Then it goes into recovery mode
but the recovery sometimes looks like the template (.dotx) not the doc
(.docx). And then it sometimes gives me an error about not finding "blocks"
or something.

Sorry I didn't really document that better. But I'm hoping, based on the
description above, someone can tell me if this is some sort of known issue.
If not, I might try to recreate it again so I can better describe it.

Thanks to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this. I don't have
this problem if I create a manual TOC like I did in Word 2003.