Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge on an access query...

If your query uses wildcard characters "*" or "?" the problem is probably to
do with the database version: in essence, later versions of Jet use the
SQL-92 wildcards % and _, and so does the OLEDB provider used by default in
recent versions of Word. You can try DDE as Doug suggests, or consider all
the implications of upgrading your databases, modifying all the queries,
etc.

Peter Jamieson

"Warrio" wrote in message
Hello!

I'm trying to view the data in Word with a recordset that comes form an
mdb Access query...
when I update the database field in Word, I simply get nothing and whereas
the query displays many rows in Access?!?

When I try to connect the Word document to an mdb Access table, it works
fine.
So why doesn't work with a query?

Thanks for any suggestion