Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Keyboard Shortcuts / AutoText Entries

Seems to me that you should be using a template that contains the text of
the letter, an possibly also a userform into which the user enters the
details that would make the letter unique for the recipient.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"McRibIsBack" wrote in message
I work in an environment where we generate thousands of letters and am
trying
to speed up the process. I know how to create AutoText entries for these
letters & create a new toolbar for them and all that. What I'm looking to
do
however, is see if it's possible to have one or any type of shortcut
created
where the text (letter) will be pulled from a centralized location.

Put it this way, I want to to single click a toolbar or do a Keyboard
shortcut that will pull a letter from a shared library. So that if there
are
ever any changes to the letter, we can just make the change to the letter
and
not have to update everyone's AutoText entries. (we have over 100
associates).

Thanks!