Rick Charnes

And how about a First Page Header that DOESN'T become the same as the
previous First Page Header when you click on Same as Previous? It has
the "Same as Previous" label in the upper right, and the button is
depressed, but the text just doesn't change at all. Aaarrgghhh!

In article , rickxyz--
says...
Thanks. Here's what I'm wrestling with. I'm in the header of section
5, which has two pages. It's a Primary Header (Header -Section 5-). I
click on the Page Setup button. For some reason, "Different First
Page" is already checked. How could this be? And more importantly, how
can I create a genuine First Page Header that exists in addition to this
weird one?

In article ,
says...
Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Briefly, you go into the section and change the page format for the section
only to have different first page headers (and footers). Note that the first
page header is created blank, the regular header will still be there on
other pages.

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps,