Doug Robbins

With the userform approach, it is also possible to store the data that is
entered in a database.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Tiffany" stuff_at_bradc.net wrote in message
Anne/Doug/Peter,

Thanks for the great replies. In response to Anne, I agree that sticking
with Access reports would be ideal (and certainly less foreign to me),
however, the massaging on the backend would kill it for us. Although the
final product does get PDF'd before going out to the customer, the
Engineer makes a lot of tweaks after the checklist data is populated.

The document is 80% boilerplate text/graphics to start with. The
checklist provides data to populate about 10-15% of the document and the
remaining 5-10% is added / changed / customized by the Engineer. For this
reason, it appears the document will have to be in Word.

Something else I should add is that the Mail Merge functions would need to
be executed in VBA code or Macros (probably code) because the users are
not savvy in Mail Merge features and functions. Since I have much more
experience in Access than Word, I will be looking for sites that can help
me with Mail Merging from Access VBA. The links Anne provided on that
should be very helpful.

I would like to avoid some of the security pop-ups that Peter mentioned
but I'm sure I can work around most of those as they arise. I also
thought about the XML approach but the scale of this is rather small so
I'm not sure it will be worth the time investment.

I like the idea that Doug mentioned of using the "UserForm". That was
certainly something I had not thought of (which is why I posted here to
begin with). I'll have to check back with my customer to see if they think
they want to store the data long term and refer back to it. This might
work for one of their two projects but probably not for the bigger one.

BTW, They are all using Office 2000 and above.

Thanks for the links. Any additional input would be greatly appreciated.

Tiffany