Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How can I get an image to stay where I put it?

Right-click on a Picture and set the Wrapping options to Square (or other suitable choice) and make sure to check Lock Anchor and clear Move with Text. Then move the picture into place using the mouse to drag it.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Carrie" wrote in message ...

For example, I put a picture (size that fits good) in upper left corner and set the text to go down the side and then full page under it. I then want to put an image on the bottom, maybe right corner. I can get it there, and looks like the text goes down beside it, but in print preview (or when I print it) the bottom picture seems to go onto a next page. Even though it looks okay when I do it. And, if I didn't put the bottom picture on, the text would all fit on one page (the way it shows when I do it)

Another example, I was playing with Word Art today, made sentence curve (like a rainbow shape) and put a picture under it. For no reason, just practicing. I clicked print preview/setup and it showed TWO pages with the words on one and the picture on another.

Maybe there is a way to anchor things where I put them, or "group" them (together) all on one page? The way they look when I set it up?

I keep thinking I will come to this in tutorials or my book, or figure it out, but I've always had a problem like this (the little I've used Word for images, I usually use Publisher) It seems the images don't stay where I put them, or won't print the way they look, etc. It's probably something simple. LIke "SIT" and STAY"! (LOL)

I haven't done much with tables but maybe this is the way?

This is Word 2007 but I was using 2003 up till recently.

Thanks