Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Styles in global templates

I think most users would find it a nightmare to have styles in global
templates fighting with the document template styles. Good luck with your
own personal nightmare. If you find it doesn't work, please don't blame me!

"Michael Mannion" wrote in message
Suzanne,

That's a great idea; I think that if I set the 'template' documents to
read-only that this will meet my need. Thank you so much for the
suggestion.

Just out of academic interest, though, do you know why Microsoft doesn't
just allow us to use styles in global templates? There may be some good
reason; I just dont' know what it is, and it's driving me nuts. Thanks
again.

-Michael