Dian D. Chapman, MVP

You are using the TextBox and CheckBox "ActiveX" controls...which work
differently than the form fields. You do not protect a doc like this.
These controls don't work under protection like form fields.

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 3 May 2005 13:22:02 -0700, "Eddy"
wrote:

I have created a template where I used the textbox and checkbox macros
instead the textbox and checkbox form fields. So when I protect the document
and save it and when I open it up again, I am unable to input text int he
textboxes or use any of the checkboxes, basically can't use anything, I can;t
even unprotect the document, luckily I had a backup before I protected the
template. Is there a macro function when I can use the textbox and checkbox
macros to be able to be used when the document is protected. Much thanx