Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default header reference in footer

If the SOP Title is a content control, you should be able to reference it
elsewhere. If it's an ordinary text box, you could try bookmarking the
content and using a REF (cross-reference) field to repeat it elsewhere, but
this might be iffier.

http://word.mvps.org

"Lori H." wrote in message
in Word 2007, I created custom headers to use on a template for SOP
documents
(I know I don't really need them saved as quick parts since I'm using a
template file). All headers contain the SOP title (text box), & page 1
header includes "extra" text boxes for info such as SOP number.

Is it possible to create a page 2 footer that references text that the
user
enters in the page 1 header? For example, after they enter the SOP number
in
the page 1 header, that number should appear in the footer of subsequent
pages (so they don't need to enter the same information in both the header
&
footer)?