Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Default How to put the path in the windows header bar

Why not use Insert/Field... select FileName and check the Add Path to
Filename box?

On May 20, 6:49 am, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
Or even betterhttp://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/UpdateFilename.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Martin C" wrote in message

It's ok, I found a good site that showed how to do this via macros.

For anyone that is interested, look at the following, which so far seems
to be working ok.

http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/...s_in_Word.html

Martin

"Martin C" wrote in message
We are using Office 2003 at work. In the windows header bar of MS Word,
the filename is given. Is it possible to get this to provide the full
path? Quite often I have to deal with multiple versions of a particular
document (stored in different locations). It would be very useful to be
able to see which version I am currently viewing. Just the filename is
not sufficient in this case.

I am sure that I have seen the solution to this problem before somewhere,
but it may have been via a 3rd party add on, used on an older version of
Office.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Martin