Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default FACEID template no longer works now that I'm in Windows 2000 ...

It's been so long since I did this that perhaps I'm thinking of something
different, but when I did it, the macro created a table that could be saved
as a document. IOW, it was not necessary to run the macro more than once.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:09:11 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

IIRC, the template contains a macro (which must be enabled) that you have

run to produce the button image table.

Yes, as I mentioned, changed macro security level to medium and when
file pops up, I enable the macros same as always. All I get is a
flicker of the FACEID panes and then everything disappears.

Well, go figure! I hadn't installed service pack 3 for Windows 2000
I realized after posting this msg so went and did that yesterday.
Same problem persisted yesterday even after that and even after a
couple of reboots but just now, to be sure, I went to check one last
time to see if this still persisted. I got the FACEID panes and they
stayed! Guess it needed 3 reboots to work! g

Guess it was a Windows problem after all. I'm not holding my breath,
but hopefully this continues to work. I use these FACEID panes quite
a bit. I went hunting for other files in both Word and Excel but none
are as good as this one as it presents all the icons in only 4 panes!

Thanks. Sorry to have bothered the group, but so far, so good
fingers crossed. D

so
all may benefit.

"StargateFan" wrote in message
.. .
Don't know if this is a Windows 2000 or a Word question, so pls advise
if I'm in the wrong ng.

A few years back I dl the FACEID document from this webpage,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...ttonImages.htm, or one
similar. Since I dl, it worked fine all the time in Win98SE. In my
new installation of Windows 2000, it doesn't work properly. I get a
blank document labelled template1 but nothing shows up. If I change
docts via the Window pulldown, it flickers on for a moment but then
again disappears. At first I had thought it might be the macro
security and so changed that to medium, but problem persists.

Does anyone know where I can look for a solution to this problem?
Again, if there is a better ng, pls advise.

Thanks. D