Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default Keeping Rows Together on Page

How this is done is explained at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...bleon1page.htm.

Note, however, that if a table row has a fixed height specified (on
the Row tab of TableTable Properties), "Allow row to break across
pages" will act as if it was cleared. In other words, a fixed-height
row will either move to the following page or (if its height
exceeds that of the page) disappear into the bottom margin.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"VB2" wrote in message
Forgive what seems like it should be a simple question but that I

cannot
figure out.

I cannot seem to get the 'Allow row to break accross pages' to work

properly
(Word 2002). My rows each break accross a page individually,

regardless of
whether the box is checked or not.

I understand that the following info. may (or may not) be pertinent:

Text
wrapping for the table is set to None. The table is not in a frame.

When I
select the whole table, the FormatParagraph the 'Keep with Next'

option is
checked - if I uncheck it, hit Ok, and return to the dialog box, it

is
checked again. However, the same option is unchecked if I open the

same
dialog box with the cursor in any individual cell in the table (or

outside
the table altogether).

Thanks for any help you can offer.