Nick Cellino

Default Clipboard item disappears when loading Word

I did get the upgrade for Word as part of the Works Suite. Previously I
had the stand-alone version of Word. I do run Word freestanding.

I followed you advice to uninstall the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for
Word but the Clipboard problem remains. I did reboot the computer after
uninstalling. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Nick Cellino

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
There are numerous add-ins that clear the Clipboard when you start Word. The
most notorious is the Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Word. Did you get
Word as part of Works Suite? If so, and if you are always running Word
freestanding (not starting it from the Works Task Launcher) uninstall the
add-in (using Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs), as you don't need it,
and this is only one of its nasty habits.