Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default How do I repeat records in a mail merge?

It may be simpler than I assumed.

Let's suppose you have a column in your Excel sheet called Course that is
only filled in on the first row for each course.

In your Mailmerge main document, you could use

{ IF "{ MERGEFIELD Course }" = ""
"" "{ SET myCourse { MERGEFIELD Course }"
}{ REF myCourse }

where all the {} are the special field code braces you can insert using
ctrl-F9, not the ones you can type directly on the keyboard.

Peter Jamieson
wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes that's basically how I have it setup. I thought about filling in
course name and date for each candidate but I just wanted to see if
there was another way.