Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ll ll is offline

Default Bookmarks

At my previous job I made a template with a few bookmarks. One bookmark was
at the top of the letter where I would insert a date. In the template
itself, you would see brackets and then a date and when I used the template I
would just manually change the date. I also placed that bookmark in the
header after page 1 so the date would correspond with the date on the first
page.

I changed jobs and I brought over those templates. But now when I use the
template the date is always current even if I change it; if I print it goes
back to the current date.

The template is exactly the same but this bookmark is reacting differently.
I know it probably has to do with autodate. But why would it change and how
would I fix that? Any help? thanks, Lisa