I suspect the images are stored internally, but you can copy and paste them.
Open Tools | Customize, right-click on the button whose image you want to
capture, and choose Copy Button Image. Close the Customize dialog and Paste
where you want the image. Also, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...uttonFaces.htm for a download
that contains all the button images used by [some previous version of]
Office.

"Jock McSquiggle" wrote in
message ...
I want to use the standard icons e.g. the Print button, to create low

level
user documentation but cannot find where this resides. Can anyone provide

the
path to its location? I am assuming maybe wrongly that these are .gif

files
and are on the system somewhere. Thanks
--