Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Determining Type of Label Used

You are welcome

Dan Freeman wrote:
By the way, Graham, I've been meaning to thank you.

Thanks to your mailmerge pages, my Christmas cards went out on time
this year. (That's quite a first! g)

THANKS!

Dan

Graham Mayor wrote:
If you cannot figure it out by looking and measuring then extract the
data from the labels
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm and merge to
a new label format that you do know.
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Diane wrote:
I'm using Word 2007. I have a file created by someone else that
contains mailing info formatted as labels. The problem is, I don't
know what type of labels to use! I've tried selecting the Mailings
tab and clicking the Labels button, then the Options button in the
dialog box, but it is showing me a standard Avery label that
definitely doesn't correspond to what's in the file. I believe that
older versions of Word would show the label type currently in use,
but Office 2007 doesn't seem to do this. Does anyone have any idea
how to tell which label product number was used? I can't ask the
person who created the file. Thanks!