Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tartanhill

Default how do I set up template to divide page into sections

Thank you, Charles. A coin dealer told me that I could set up a template
that would put 20 ( 4 X 5 ) 1.7 inch squares that I could write descriptions
on. I don't know if I have that ability on Word or not. I might try your
method if I can't find out how to set up the other program.
Thanks again,
Bob

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Use a table, perhaps 5 columns by 11 rows. Reduce the width of columns 2 and
4 so that 1, 3 and 5 can be 1.7. Reduce the height of rows 2, 4, 6, 8 and
10. Then increase that of the odd numbered rows so that you will have them
at 1.7 inches high. This gives you 3x6 = 18 squares.
If you don't mind adjacent rows, you could eliminate the spacer even
numbered rows altogether and use 7 rows, giving you 21 squares.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/tables.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"tartanhill" wrote in message
How do I set up a template to divide a page into twenty equal sections
that
are 1.7 inches square. I want to write coin descriptions on each
individual
square.