Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default bullets changing to symbols

Hi Theresa

Theresa T. wrote:
I am compiling .hlp files using Doc-to-Help 2000. My command updated to Word
2002.

Ah, thanks for explaining, it makes a lot more sense to me now!

Now I'm having the symbol problem. It appears to convert bullets to
symbols during the final formatting phase.
I realize I am using an OLD version of DTH, but it can't be helped. More
money going to the war effort, less money going to software upgrades for
technical writers.
)

:-/

OK, where to start, hmmm. First, I have no experience with DTH!

Secondo, well, bullets changing faces upon you are usually a problem
with not quite well setup numbering through styles. Since you are a
technical writer, I'm very sure all formatting you are using is defined
through styles exclusively! [Question mark purpously omitted :-)]

But numbering or "bulleting" can still be tricky. Are you familiar with
the techniques described in the following articles:

See the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines" (by Shauna
Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/
How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm
Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

Ins and outs of bullets and numbering in Word

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm out of ideas. And since nobody
else answered in here, I'd try to find a forum for DTH.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS