Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default If-then-else with "or" command

Use the following construction

{ IF { COMPARE { IF { = { MERGEFIELD CustomerNumber } } = { = 4 } 1 0 } =
{ IF { = { MERGEFIELD CustomerRating } } = { = 9 } 1 0 } = 1 "Credit not
acceptable" "Credit acceptable"}

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Arden" wrote in message
The goal is I am wanting to use an If-then-else statement where the If is
compared to a group of 3 values and I haven't found how to do this in one
statement. For example, I think it should look like: If code = (1 or 2 or
3)
then "TEXT1" "TEXT2". I don't want to use If code = 1 "TEXT1" "If code = 2
"TEXT1" ... etc for a nested if with the same text to maintain multiple
times.

When I posed this question to an online expert, I was directed to the
"=OR"
function with the COMPARE statement. It looks like it should work, but I
can't get Microsoft's example code from Help to work: { IF { = OR ( {
COMPARE
{ MERGEFIELD CustomerNumber } = 4 }, { COMPARE { MERGEFIELD
CustomerRating }
= 9 } ) } = 1 "Credit not acceptable" "Credit acceptable"}

What advice can you offer? Thanks!