Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shannon Shannon is offline

Default Endnote placement at end of a book by chapter

I think I created the macro correctly, but when I hit run, I get the error
"This method or property is not available because no text is selected"
I get that error even though i've selected the entire chapter.

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"Shannon" wrote:
Things worked great until I sent the manuscript to my coauthor who is
using a
MAC. He did some editing and sent it back to me to work on it. There are
about 15 endnotes. There's a number 1 and 14 number 2's. When I put the
cursor on the actual #2 endnote, endnotes 2-14 are all in #2. I have no
idea
what he did, but how do I reclaim the notes by number?

Are the endnote references 3-14 still in the text?
If that's the case, the macro below might fix the endnotes... it deletes and
reinserts them.
You then may still have to go into the footnotes/endnotes dialog afterwards,
and set the numbering to restart in each section.

Make a backup first!

If you haven't used macros before, the article from Dave Rado will help you
to get it running:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

Sub RepairEndnotes()
' Disclaimer: Make a backup of the file!
' This macro will remove any manually applied
' endnote numbering. It reinserts the endnotes
' using the default numbering scheme .
Dim myEndnote As Endnote
Dim i
For i = ActiveDocument.Endnotes.Count To 1 Step -1
Set myEndnote = ActiveDocument.Endnotes(i)
myEndnote.Range.Copy
myEndnote.Reference.Select
myEndnote.Delete
ActiveDocument.Endnotes.Add Selection.Range
Selection.Endnotes(1).Range.Paste
Next i
End Sub

Regards,