Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Problem with Word

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Javi0084 wrote:
I have a user that is having a problem with Word 2003. When she
double clicks on a Word document to open it, Word does open but the
document doesn't. All the tool bars on the top are there but the rest
is grey. She can open Word docs by going to File - Open - then
browse to the file but she can't scroll down or up the doc.
Everything is fine if I log in as an administrator.

I tried re-installing Word but that didn't work. The only thing that
worked was to do a Windows restore but that caused other problems, I
couldn't launch Word at all. I had to install a Windows app. to
uninstall Word then re-install it. After that everything worked fine
for the user for a few minutes but then it started doing it again.

What is causing this and what can I do to resolve it?

TIA!!