Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frank Martin

Default Intractable cut & paste problem.

Many thanks.
"mpt" wrote in message
Frank, I created a macro to remove carriage returns from the end of a line
and replace it with a space. I assigned Ctrl-alt-down arrow to it. It
works well, tho it sometimes skips down one line too many. But it's a
relatively easy way to strip out the offending CRs.

Here's the macro:

Sub Stripreturns()
'
' Stripreturns Macro
' Macro recorded January 11, 2004
'
Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine
Selection.TypeText Text:=" "
Selection.Delete Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
Selection.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1
Selection.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
End Sub

It helps in editing your text to show the CRs by pressing Ctrl-shift-*.

Richard
"Revered by the common man."

"Frank Martin" wrote in message
I scan textbooks and save the result in Word2000 as "unformatted" text.

If I want to send the result via email the text has a space between each
line, and I have to cut these out before sending.
Is there a better way?
Please help, Frank