Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Set default to single space

Open your normal.dot template (don't simply click on it -- that opens
a new .doc document based on it),

make any formatting changes you want (maybe setting the Line Spacing
to Single in the Normal style will be enough to get it done for all
the styles you regularly use),

type something -- anything -- as text in the template and delete it
(in order to wake Word up so it knows there's something to save),

and close the template;

if Word doesn't ask you if it should save the changes, go back and do
it again until it's learned you made a change!

On Apr 16, 7:09*pm, Andy K wrote:
I have Word 2003 and I can't find out how to set the default to single space.

Can someone help me ?

Thanks.