Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Bunton Jim Bunton is offline

Default auto ! Thanks

Thanks for the replies to my posting - all AOK now

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoText
tab | uncheck the "Show AutoComplete suggestions" box | OK. This is an
all-or-nothing choice... this will turn off all AutoComplete suggestions
(dates which you don't want, as well as AutoText entries which you may
want).

Jim Bunton wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply to my posting garfield-n-odie

Your solution works BUT I woukld like to get rid of the 'feature' all
together if possible

Jim

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote
in message ...

Type a space after 2007 before pressing the Enter key.

Jim Bunton wrote:

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this