View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default How do I permanently shut-off the Reviewing Toolbar?

Hi Jen,

No, it is not possible for you to control the 'view' of an incomplete document on everyone else's computer. You can only control
what you see on your computer. 'Final' is your choice of how to see the currently open document, it is not the document itself.

When there are unprocessed (accepted or rejected) temporary[tracked] changes in the document the behavior is for Word to 'remind'
you that you have unresolved issues to deal with.

The choices on the Review tab aren't document states, they're
'would be if' choices for a document that has temporary (tracked) changes.

The 'Original' choice shows how the document 'would be if' you rejected all of the pending tracked changes then saved the document.

The 'Final' choices shows how the document 'would be if' you accepted all of the pending tracked changes and then saved the
document.

You can use a macro to hide that there are pending changes, by masking them with the 'would be if final' choice, but you can't
reliably force the macros to run on everyone else's computer.
============
"Jen" wrote in message ...
My company just upgraded to Office 2007, and I cannot find a way to change my default Word setting to show only the final document.
I reviewed all the links and demos mentioned earlier in this discussion, but unless I'm missing something, I still don't know how to
stop Word from showing comments when I open a document. I understand how to accept all comments, turn off the review feature, etc. -
that's not the problem.

I want every Word document, regardless of who sent it, to open in "final"
mode. I would also like to be able to send Word docs to others in final mode
- is that possible? I am working with non-tech-savvy people who don't
understand how to turn off comments.

Thank you so much for any help...
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*