Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

Default Word Table Auto-fit should be highlighted when selected

But you can tell that a table has AutoFit to Contents turned on,
because then there is no width specified for the table or its columns
(the option clears the "Preferred Width" boxes on the Table and Row
tabs of TableTable Properties).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
Very much agreed! I voted for your suggestion.

As it is now, you'd think it was an action that runs once. When it

really is
a mode of a table that stays on/off (for that table).

Regards,
Klaus

"I.M." wrote:

When I select an option "auto-fit" for a table for example

"auto-fit to
contents", I would appreciate the choice to be visible somewhere

at least in
the menu.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,

click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader

and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables