WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: DOLLAR SIGN TO A COLUMN

Hi Carolan! Yes, there is a way to make a column in your table automatically add the dollar sign ($) when you type in it. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Select the column that you want to add the dollar sign to.
  2. Right-click on the selected column and choose "Format Cells" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, select the "Number" tab.
  4. Under "Category," select "Currency."
  5. Choose the desired currency symbol from the drop-down menu (in this case, the dollar sign).
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

Now, when you type in any cell in the selected column, it will automatically add the dollar sign before the number.