Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Save Changes to the Global Template? Keeps Popping Up

See “Word prompts me to save changes to the Normal.dot template”

"Roger Marrs" wrote in message
I keep getting the prompt asking if I want to save Normal.dot. I've
reviewed the FAQ at addbalance.com on this issue. I currently have Word

set
up so that the only template being accessed is Normal.dot. I've checked

for
COM add-ins and have none.

I have noticed however, that the file size of Normal.dot increases by 2 kb
nearly every time I close out of Word after getting the prompt about

saving
changes to the template. I always answer No, but the file size of
Normal.dot grows so it seems like some kind of information may be getting
written to that file regardless.

The pop up has become very annoying and I don't know what else to try in
order to get it stopped. I'm using Word 2003.

I do have a 3rd party application that opens Word to create documents, and
it's only when Word docs are opened with this program that I have the
problems with the Normal.dot popup prompt. However, 15 others in my

office
use the same 3rd party program, without any problem whatsoever. It seems

me like there must be some kind of setting in Word that is causing this
behavior.

Roger