Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do I remove the file name after deleting the file

Well, you explained three of the four words, and found an excuse for
the fourth! Shades of SNL's old "Tech Support Guy."

Why aren't software engineers forced to interact with users?

On May 4, 5:00*pm, Jay Freedman wrote:
Its full name is ToolsCustomizeRemoveMenuShortcut. That's a throwback to the
days of WordBasic, when commands were named according to the menu/submenu on
which they lived; this one was in the Tools Customize menu and has the
function of removing a menu item. I don't know why MS chose "Shortcut" rather
than "Item", but software engineers aren't necessarily good at consistency in
user interface design :-) (cf. Alan Cooper's "The Inmates Are Running the
Asylum").

As a coda to this discussion, if you accidentally misuse the big dash (a.k..a.
the destructive cursor), readhttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol..htm
for recovery instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 4 May 2008 12:35:15 -0700 (PDT), grammatim
wrote:

According to the table of all keyboard shortcuts, that is "Customize
Remove Menu Shortcut." I defy anyone to explain what "customize remove
menu shortcut" means.

On May 4, 2:56*pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:
If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, press Ctrl+Alt+dash (top row between 0
and + sign). This turns the mouse pointer into a big dash. Click File, then
use that dash to click on the file you want to remove from the list of
recent documents.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"ripnor" wrote in message

After deleting a file the file name still remains in the recent documents
list *how do I remove the file name also--