Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DavidS DavidS is offline

Default Decimal point alignment of numbers

Thanks very much - very helpful

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Insert a decimal tab; Word will do the rest (no tab character needed).
Your
text must be left-aligned, however. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm

so
all may benefit.

"DavidS" wrote in message
Hello, I would like to align numbers in one column of a Word table. For
example, I have a column of numbers, part of which is:
90.03g
5.45ml
132.3c
78.0l

I would like to align the numbers vertically at the decimal point. Is

there
a simple way of doing this without having to split the column into 3 and
have the decimal point in the middle. Thanks in advance.
David