Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello Chip

Chip Orange wrote:
We have an application, with a template, which needs to cause an automatic
update of styles within documents made from it, each time one is opened.
We've found how to do this, and that part is working ok, and it allows us to
add new styles, or fix problems with existing ones, and have that happen
automatically for our users.

If you do that via Tools | Templates and Add-ins: While this is pretty
drastic, I would imagine that many longdocument-supporters will envy
you! :-)

What we've encountered is one particular user who needs a different
formatting other than what TOC 1 gives her. If she modifies it in her
document, then it's overwritten the next time she opens it.

We'd like to know is it possible to create a TOC which would use something
other than TOC 1 as the style for formatting the contents of the TOC? I
don't mean with direct formatting, as that seems to be lost whenever she
updates the TOC field.

I have a VBA way around this, but I'd like to know just for my own sake and
future uses.

If it helps: you can build a TOC that uses, say, TOC 9 instead of TOC 1
for level-1 entries, yes. Observe the TOC switches (IIRC is that "\t").

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS