Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word should catalog misspelled words to study.

Where Word most often gets into trouble is through trying to be all things
to all people. I don't imagine, however, that the Word developers will ever
so far lose sight of the primary functions of Word as to incorporate
features that make it a spelling tutor.

"rndthought" wrote in message
Suzanne,

I think you miss the point of my suggestion and maybe I confused it by

going
into the whole €śTyping Practice€ť thing. That was really an afterthought.

It would be a feature, if enabled, which would allow the creation of a

list
of words that the user can study. This feature would be useful for anyone

continue to enhance their vocabulary and more specifically for students

who
need to work on spelling. The Word application as it is does a fine job

of
auto correcting and a superb job of offering suggested corrections.

Thank you for your feed back.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word is not a typing application. Word does make it easier to work

around
common typos, however. When you right-click on a word marked as

misspelled,
instead of selecting the correct spelling, you can click on AutoCorrect

and
choose the correct spelling. From then on, whenever you type, for

example,
"sotre" (one of my bugaboos), you'll get "store" automatically.