Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Default Word should catalog misspelled words to study.

If joining (or re-joining a healthy fray) is debasement, then I to am
heading to de basement ;-).
You and Tony both appear to enjoy a good argument. So what's good for
the goose is good for the gander.

Personnally I am a terrible speller (actually I know how to spell, but
I am a careless typer and poor proofreader). I noticed with amusement
that you emphasize your spelling of "half to." Ok, half is spelled
correctly, but the English teacher would still make a mark on your
paper.

How would the enhanceement to Word you propose handle that? ;-)

I would wager heavily that the powers at Microsoft have the wherewithal
create a spelling enhancer like you envison, but at the end of the day
I don't feel that they will do so for the reasons that Suzanne and Tony
have put forth. I will add that it certainly isn't something that I
would want to pay extra for.

The List Spelling Errors Addin that I have posted on my website was
more a result of my personal efforts to learn how to use Class Modules
in VBA than enhance my spelling. Yes it is limited. I thought about
the enhancements that you recommended and quickly realized that
achieving them was far beyond my capability.