Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dilbert Dilbert is offline

Default Word should catalog misspelled words to study.

I agree. WORD is too complex already.

BUT,

I'd really like to have the option of removing a few "correct" spellings
from the dictionary.

Fro some reason, I just can't type the word fro - fro- (I mean FOR).
Word likes "fro" but if any us are being poetic, it is easy to ADD words to
the dictionary.

Just impossible to remove pesky ones.
--
-Dilbert

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

rndthought wrote:
For the purpose of becoming a better speller, Word should have the
option to catalog misspelled words. Words that the user more
commonly typed correctly can be treated as "mistypes" and removed
from the list. Then one could come back to this list for further
study. Maybe a simple interface that can print a study list and does
a spelling test type routine: Computer says the word, you type the
word. Maybe even have a Typing Practice interface that takes the
common mistypes and builds a practice routine to improve typing
skills.

I don't agree that Word should be cluttered with this sort of thing. If you
want a typing tutor, look for the "Mavis Beason Teaches Typing" program from
Broderbund.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman